fredag 11 november 2011

Holiday Season!

Before I moved to LA, I hated the fall (although I probably hated the winter even more). Now, I have to admit, that I kind of miss it. I like the coldness of the air and the colorful, pretty fall days. BUT, we actually have seasons in LA. I know that was something I didn't believe before I moved here. Unfortunately, the people who built the apartments in LA probably didn't know this. If they knew, I can't imagine why they wouldn't insulate any buildings?!

Anyways, enough rambling. What I wanted to say is this: I LOVE the fall fashion. So much nicer than summer clothes. I love layers, scarves, big sweaters and boots. You can do so much more with your outfits than during the summer. I have a ton of warm scarves and jackets that I'm dying to put to use. If you took a look in my wardrobe, you would probably guess I lived in like... Chicago instead of LA, haha.

Sweater from Anthropologie, shoes from Steve Madden, knee socks and skirt from H&M, watch from Michael Kors, and bag from the Rose Bowl flea market

Tonight, my friend J and I celebrated the holiday season by going to Starbucks and order hot skinny peppermint mochas with whipped cream. J. introduced me to the drink last fall/winter, and I was hooked the entire holiday season last year. It's one of those holiday drinks (or so we thought. When J. called in today, they told her that they actually do serve it all year long, it's just not on the menu. It's kind of like animal fries on In'n'out... only the special ones know about it :))

After that we met up with J's fiance (getting married next weekend, whoot whoot, although I still need to buy a dress!) and we went to an art show in Culver City. I really liked the art, as well as the wine and food! 

All in all, a very nice evening. Tomorrow: Back on working on apps, and volunteering in my UCLA lab.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar