söndag 10 juli 2011

One of those days...

A couple of days ago, I had one of those amazing days you don't get to experience that often. Nothing really extraordinary happened, but I just felt relaxed and happy the entire day. The day started with me being able to sleep in a little bit (just that is worth a celebration in my opinion!). After that, I went to the beach with a friend. It was perfect beach weather, and we just tanned and chatted for hours. After that, we went to a nice restaurant on 3rd street promenade for a late lunch.

In the evening, I met up with some other friends, and we went to see a Dodgers game. For all you Swedes that might not know what kind of sport the team is famous for; it's baseball. It was my first baseball game ever and I enjoyed it a lot. Granted, it's very different from when you go to sports games in Sweden where people are 100% focused on the game and cheering their team on. Baseball is more like a relaxing evening with your friends, and the game is more like a background noise ;). Either way, we had lots of fun, and it was great to be able to learn more about the rules etc. I actually think I understand most of the game now... pretty impressive, huh? I also have to say that Baseball = fat ball (?). I think people go there more for all the nachos, fries, and candy that they can stuff their mouths full with than for the actual game... I think baseball even more so than other sport games I've been to. It was insane. And as someone culturally sensitive, we had to follow tradition and I ate way too much! Fries, hamburger, ice cream... Oh my! :)

In the end, it was a stuffed, and fried, but happy Me that went to bed that night (fried from the beach - it was painful, and stuffed from all the food)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar